strategic management 170
Your work on your strategic global marketing plan is complete. You now have a plan that will implement, manage, and support a global strategy, but it is far from organized. You e-mail Deborah to inform her that you are almost ready and that the initial planning is complete. A little while later, the phone rings and you see Deborah’s name on the caller ID.
â€œHi, Deborah. Whatâ€™s up?â€ you ask.
â€œIâ€™d like you to present to the advisory board next week,â€ Deborah says. â€œThey are very curious about your findings and would like to know if globalization is a good opportunity for the company. The board wants to finalize their strategic plan, and this may be a key part of it.â€
After you hang up, you begin thinking through the different items that you will need to cover.
As you finalize the marketing plan, complete the following:
- Is globalization a good move for the company?
- What is your rationale behind this decision? Synthesize analysis conducted in previous units, including strategic considerations, cultural considerations, competitive analysis and balanced scorecard.
- What geographic location should be a target for global expansion?
- What background information can you provide to support this decision?
- How will this decision support the overall goal of growth and expansion?
- How would you refute someone with the opposing perspective?
Apa in citation