single parent family interview
Interview a single parent family in which a single adult is raising a child. The adult can be the biological parent, a stepparent, grandparent, or foster/adoptive parent. Contact your instructor early if you cannot find an interviewee. When conducting your interview, focus on the following:
- The familyâ€™s historical information
- Information about the familyâ€™s support system. Include natural supports (such as family members) and community supports (such as Boys and Girls Club, church, etc.)
- The transition to single parenting including unique issues of loss and grief the family has had to overcome
Create a genogram based on the family you interviewed.
Write a 1,000-1,250-word interview summary about the family you interviewed. Include the following in your interview summary:
- Challenges the child will likely experience in her/his family of origin
- An assessment of the single parent family, using the concepts in Chapters 1 and 2 in your textbook
- Future predictions for the strengths and challenges of the single parent family
- At least two scholarly references to support your assessment
Submit the genogram and summary to your instructor.
Note: American Psychological Association (APA) ethical guidelines indicate that interviewees have the right to refuse to answer any question posed to them by an interviewer. Please ensure that your interviewees are aware of this, and do not force them to answer where the opportunity to reply has been refused.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.