signature assignment 110
- Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
- When you submit your assignment it goes through Turnitin, plagiarism software, to be sure that your work is less than 20% duplicated from other sources unless otherwise noted. Take time to correct it so the report verifying your work shows a similarity rate that is less than 20% or as required by your professor. You may edit your paper and resubmit it up to three times or per your professorâ€™s directions.
Throughout this course, you have researched developmentally appropriate practices in infant and toddler settings. For this benchmark assessment, you will take all that youâ€™ve learned as well as additional research to create a final table of developmentally appropriate practices that encompasses each designated age group. Outside research is required, and you are encouraged to carefully read and review all of the articles and videos provided in the â€˜Learning Materialsâ€™ section for this week.
Step 1: Download Microsoft Excel Table to Complete Step 1. Create a comprehensive table in which you describe and discuss developmentally appropriate practices in infant and toddler settings specific to six specified age groups to include:
- Physical milestones
- Cognitive and language milestones
- Emotional milestones
- Social development milestones
- Age-appropriate materials and toys
- Specific activities that are developmentally appropriate, fun, and aid in development
Step 2: Essay
Based on your table, explain your ideas by writing a summary paper. Your essay should be 1500-1750 words and should include at least five (5) citations. The sections should be clearly marked with headings so that your instructor knows which points you are addressing. Follow the guidelines for APA writing style. The table, title page and references page do not count towards the minimum word amount for this assignment. Include your table in the Appendix of the paper.
Total Point Value of Assignment: [300 pts.]
Book : Infants and Toddlers Caregiving and Rsponsive Curriculum Development 9th edition- Terri Jo Swim