read and analyze the case study problem and make recommendations to resolve it
Read and analyze EACH the case study problem and make recommendations to resolve it.
Your Dropbox assignment should show original thinking based on analysis of the case study problem and the use of solutions and terminology found in our course studies.
The case study assignment should be approximately 4 pages long and use the MLA writing format.
1. Which employer was the primary employer? The secondary employer?
2. The union distinguishes between displaying a stationary banner and picketing (where union members move about, carrying wooden signs). Analyze this argument.
3. What actions would you recommend the secondary employer involved in this case take to minimize any adverse consequences of the unionâ€™s handbilling and banner activity?
4. Does the unionâ€™s handbilling, giant rat, and banner activity represent an unfair labor practice violation under the LMRA? Why or why not? If so, what would be an appropriate remedy?
1. Does the work stoppage by the truck drivers in this case represent an economic strike or an unfair labor practice strike?
2. What is the difference between the reinstatement rights of an unfair labor practice striker and an economic striker?
3. Did the employer unlawfully discharge the four truck drivers who never returned to work? Explain your reasoning.