This is the second and final course project due at the conclusion of the course in Unit 10. For Part A of this assignment you will apply knowledge of theory and research in the study of biological psychology in the following manner. Discuss how to apply what you have learned to your personal and professional life, in addition to applications to other careers and society. For part B of this assignment you write a study proposal and provide a detailed outline of the research plan. This topic can be of your choosing but must be relevant to biological psychology.
Be sure to submit this on one document. Be sure to carefully label these as part A and part B.
Format your paper using the following template and headings:
- Answer the following questions. Please use the Capella library to find relevant sources and to add depth to your answers.
- What careers other than psychology, would benefit from a foundational knowledge of biological psychology?
- What are the practical applications of biological psychology?
- How will you apply what you have learned in this course to your life?
- Propose a study plan in which you will research the hypothesis for a research problem of your choosing. (It must be relevant to biological psychology.)
- State the research problem.
- Provide an effective literature review of other studies done on the same research problem.
- Discuss the importance or implications of this research problem.
- State the hypothesis.
- Discuss research method and rational for research method to be used in this study.
- Discuss how the study would be designed to verify the hypothesis.
- Describe how the validity of the research will be ensured.
- Discuss the necessary criteria to ensure the study will be conducted safely and ethically.
- Paper requirements:
- Paper must be 10 to 15 pages and use APA format.
- Paper must be formatted as indicated by the template.
- Paper must be submitted to Turnitin and the percentage provided when you submit your paper to the Unit 10 assignment area.
- Submit this assignment at the conclusion of Unit 10.
To successfully complete this project, you will be expected to:
- Evaluate the biological physiology methodology of the chosen topic.
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of a biological hypothesis.
- Propose an appropriate study plan using one of the four research methods to answer a chosen topic.
- Describe how to design a study to verify a hypothesis.
- Explain how to assure the validity of research.
- Report the necessary criteria to ensure that the study will be conducted safely and ethically.
Project RequirementsTo achieve a successful project experience and outcome, you are expected to meet the following requirements.
- Written communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA Style and Formatting (6th Edition).
- Number of resources: Minimum of 3 to 5 peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Length of paper: 10 to 15 typed double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Arial, 10 point.