proctor and gamble comprehensive strategy assessment kim woods only
Assignment Description and Instructions
First, synthesize the strategic issues articulated in the Strategic Fit of the Firm Assessment from Unit 3 and Strategic Fit With the Industry Environment Assessment from Unit 4. You will compare and contrast strategic issues and assign a nominal ranking of potential impact of the issue on Proctor and Gamble. Defend your synthesis by referring to specific information in the previous analysis reports.
Next, formulate strategic recommendations to address those issues you determine from your synthesis to be critical to the strategic fit between P&G and its industry environment. Recommendations will be explicitly cast using the Strategic Frame Assessment from Unit 1. Specifically, business strategy and competitive advantage recommendations will identify costs, differentiation, and hybrid type. Corporate strategy recommendations will identify diversification, vertical integration, and globalization. A recommendation to address ethical dilemmas will refer to the source of instability—economic, social, political, and technological—that is leading to societal pressure for change to enhance social legitimacy. Assumptions relative to the strategic elements of P&G will serve as a measurement of strategic progress.
Keep in mind the following points:
- Synthesize concerns and opportunities, and articulate them as strategic issues. What are the critical issues? Why are these particular issues critical?
- Evaluate the strategic issues including the degree to which they may impact the strategic position, direction, decisions, and activities of P&G.
- Propose strategies and recommend approaches to mitigate strategic issues that represent ethical dilemmas.
- Propose strategies and recommend approaches for strategic issues that have significant impact on the strategic direction of the firm, or sustained competitive advantage of P&G.
Ensure your report includes an executive summary that references the VP’s expectations communicated in the project kick-off meeting.
- Submit your report in a business format, adhering to the submission requirements below.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Business formatting:
- Length: 4–5 double-spaced, typed pages, not including cover and reference page.
- Font: Times New Roman 12 point.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (6th ed.) style and formatting. Minimum of three resources required.