This assignment has two parts:
- Part I: Initial audit of your portfolio
- Part II: Research on website portfolios
Next week, you will conduct a full and formal audit of your career portfolio. For now, however, you need to get started on that process. For this assignment, fill and post a copy of the Portfolio Audit Form to the Dropbox.
In the comments column, talk about what items might be added or taken away from the proposed pieces. You should also talk about what format might be best for each portfolio (website, CD, etc.). Use this form to create your portfolio for the audit next week.
These days, employers prefer electronic portfolios. Using the Internet, research the issue of web page design and website portfolios. Post a review of the proper attributes of a professional electronic portfolio. Include in your review important design criteria that create a positive message and experience for the reader. In addition, include design criteria that should be avoided. Discuss issues such as layouts, fonts, color, white space, tone, images, and animation.
Criteria for grading
* Posted an initial audit of your portfolio by completing the Portfolio Audit Form. Included a minimum of one item per category shown in the Audit Form, with complete information on current status of each
* Researched and posted a 1- to 2-page review of the proper attributes in a website portfolio. Included in the review design criteria that create a positive message and experience for the reader as well as design criteria that should be avoided. Discussed issues such as layouts, fonts, color, white space, tone, images, and animation.
* Used correct spelling, grammar, and professional vocabulary. Cited all sources using APA format.