phyllis young Motivation SLP
For the Session Long Project, you will be writing about an organization you currently work for or have worked for in the past and applying the background materials to your own experience. So the first step in this assignment is to choose an organization that you have worked for that you want to write about.
Think about your own experiences at this organization, and how motivated you were and what factors increased or decreased your motivation. Then write a 2- to 3-page paper covering the following issues:
- What steps did management at your organization do to motivate workers?
- Did management seem to apply Theory X or Theory Y for their motivation strategies? Or did they use elements of both?
- What needs in Maslow’s hierarchy does management at your organization try to address?
SLP Assignment Expectations
- Answer the assignment questions directly. Stay focused on the precise assignment questions; don’t go off on tangents or devote a lot of space to general background materials.
- Make use of both the required Case Assignment articles as well as the required general background materials in your paper. Apply concepts that you learned in the background materials in your answers to the assignment questions.
- Review our “Writing Style Guide” for more detail on referencing and writing expectations. This guide is found under “My Resources” in the TLC portal.