phantom or les mis redux moodboard 1
Using the two versions of Hamlet as an example from the presentation you will create a mood board and offer support for this assignment. You will look at the original version of the show and then create a NEW version set in a different time and place.
Choose Les Miserables or The Phantom of the Opera and then you will create the PREMISE or theme of your production of the musical. Please read a synopsis, watch a video /film or listen to the cast recording of either show. The decide how you will update/transform it.
- What is the theme you want to showcase in your production?
- Remember, as stated earlier one show can have many themes.
- You will decide on the setting (time and place) of the show.
- The one rule is that you may NOT set it in its original time period. So, Phantom may not take place in an 1881 Paris Opera House and Les Miserables may not be set during the French Revolution.
- Using the themes and messages from these shows, where would you like to set it? Why? How does it inform the show?
- Finally, collect some inspirational images to create a mood board and submit with your premise and support. Your premise should be written on your mood board. You should also include a one-page maximum supplementary document to explain the time/place/setting and themes you chose to focus on.
Rubric is attached