personal financial planning savings
- You are a newly hired analyst at a top company
- Your starting salary is $80,000 year
- You are attempting to save about 10% of your income
- You have the following options for savings and investment.
- A Company 401K Plan that matches the first 6% Pretax Contributions at a 50% Match rate
- Your own Individual Retirement Account (IRA) with a balance of $5,500.
- Your own Roth IRA with a balance of $1,250.
- Your brokerage account with a balance of $2,500
Based on information in the course, how much would you save each year and in which savings options would you put the money?