Read the Chapter 10 Case titled “Selling Executives on Project Management.” Write a one to two (1-2)
page paper in which you:
1. Analyze the fundamental reasons why the executives in the case refused to listen to their own
employees but were willing to listen to a consultant. Discuss the main reasons why the executives
still seemed apprehensive even after the consultant’s presentation.
2. Imagine that you are the consultant from the case study. Speculate on three (3) strategies that
you could employ to get the executives to understand your point of view and thus support your
project management recommendations.
3. Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all
sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your
professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s
name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Analyze the role of executive management in the life of a project.
• Apply the project manager’s critical skills, in terms of project leadership, team building, time
management, conflict management, and effective communication with executive sponsors, peers,
team members, and project clients.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in project management.
• Write clearly and concisely about project management using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and
language and writing skills, using the following rubric