need help 8 5741739 2
Research DSL and cable modem services available closest to your community. You may use neighboring communities or regions if your community does not have access to DSL or cable modem services. Researched material must be focused on the technical aspects of DSL and cable modem services. Marketed documents, white papers, or other advertisements may not be used for the completion of this assignment.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Identify the DSL and cable modem services referenced in this assignment and the region(s) in which they operate.
- Create a diagram of the DSL and Cable Modem connections to your ISP, cable organization, and telecom to your home router using Visio or its open source alternative software. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
- Compare and evaluate the speeds of DSL and cable modem that you researched.
- Compare and evaluate the cost of DSL and cable modem that you researched.
- Compare and evaluate the reliability of DSL and cable modem that you researched.
- Recommend DSL or cable modem based on the previous comparison and evaluation of services available closest to your region. Explain your recommendation.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Compare and contrast among local area and wide area network technologies and architectures.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in communication networks.
- Write clearly and concisely about communication networks using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Click here to view the grading rubric.