national protection and preparedness amp critical infrastructure protection cip
400 – 600 words
Using your course materials and your own research, discuss the following topics:
- What are the elements of an all-hazards approach to protection and preparedness at the national level of government, and what primary efforts have been taken to establish a culture of preparedness within American society?
- Has the U.S. government and society learned the lessons from the 9/11 terrorist attacks and from Hurricane Katrina? Explain your answer.
- Has this information been integrated into national- and state-level policies? If so, how has this been integrated? If not, how do you think this could happen?
Your post should demonstrate an executive-level understanding of the challenges associated with critical infrastructure and key resources (CIKR) and emergency management preparations in place to anticipate and minimize the impact of natural or manmade disasters.
Drawing from national-level documents, including the National Response Framework (NRF) and the Homeland Security Presidential Directives, respond to the following prompts:
- Consider the debate among homeland security planners and the intelligence community regarding efforts to predict attacks and disasters so that they can be prevented, versus a focus on resilience and investments in recovery capabilities and redundancy. Although you may see importance in both efforts, state and defend 1 of the proposed strategies.
- On a national level, what steps have been taken in favor of your chosen stance?