module 04 course project the software install
The next step in this proposal for Initech is to describe the ways in which you will set up the network. In 3-5 pages, address the following:
- Network Topologies
- What physical network topology will you be using? Why did you choose this topology?
- What logical network topology will you be using? Why did you choose this topology?
- Networking Functionality
- What networking functionality will you enable on each of the devices in this SOHO? What steps will you need to take to enable that functionality? Why did you choose to enable this functionality? Support your rationale with examples.
- What networking functionality will you disable on each of the devices in this SOHO? What steps will you need to take to disable that functionality? Why did you choose to disable this functionality?
- Network documentation
- Include information on the chosen routers and switches as well as their corresponding configurations.
- How are hosts connected to one another? Is there redundancy?
- What protocols are being used? Why?
- How would you check for network vulnerabilities?
- Networking Troubleshooting
- Provide 3-5 network troubleshooting tools and their purpose in being able to troubleshoot network issues with this SOHO.
- Provide detailed instructions on how to install and use these tools when troubleshooting network issues with the SOHO.
- OSI model
- Describe how the OSI model works in this SOHO. Make sure you use all 7 layers of the OSI model and give specific examples of hardware, software, networking devices, etc. within the SOHO that apply to each of the layers.
Use vocabulary and tone appropriate for your target audience–your client, Initech. If you used outside resources to support your content (for example, articles, charts, or images you use that are not your own), be sure to cite those sources.