mobile and social computing
Mobile phones have transformed our lives. By allowing instant access to information, online purchases, a camera, and social media, our smartphones have become a part of our daily routines. It is imperative that businesses make online services easily accessible on mobile platforms.
Read the case study,“Has Facebook Solved the Mobile Ad Problem?”. After reading the case study and completing additional independent research using the textbook and online resources, address the following:
- Research one of the following companies discussed in your textbook: Snapchat, Taco Bell, Karmaloop, 16 Handles, WeChat, Mxit, Saya, and iCow. Alternatively, feel free to research other companies.
- Why is mobile computing critical to the success of an organization now?
- Provide specific examples to support your answer.
Respond to two of your peers’ initial posts and consider the following:
- Are there any additional advantages to integrating mobile computing for a business?
- What are possible disadvantages of mobile computing in your peers’ initial posts?