misconceptions about crime
Persistent media coverage of crimes against children can foster a misperception that these crimes take place more often than they really do.
For this assignment you will need to consult valid sources of data as you research these questions. Prepare a PowerPoint presentation of 8-10 slides that addresses the following points. Your slides should be clear and concise, with supporting elaboration in the â€œnotesâ€ area.
- Review the crime of child abduction in the United States. How prevalent is this crime? Are offenders or victims likely to belong to any particular demographic group?
- Compare the data you have reviewed with the prevailing perceptions of child abductions. What drives these perceptions? What can be done to align public perception of potential risk to our children with the realities of likely threats?
- Evaluate the AMBER Alert process. Is this a successful procedure? How often do â€œabductedâ€ children turn out to be runaways or falsely reported as missing? How often are abductions simply a matter of custody disputes between parents?
- Review available guides designed to assist parents with protecting their kids in cyberspace and present five actions that appear to be most effective.
- Make certain that you support your analysis with proper reasoning.