mg306 unit 3 discusion 2 blogging and business communication
In this discussion, you will explore and experiment with blogging as a medium for sharing business concepts. You will review and analyze the seven key points for using social media in business communication through the development of a blog post.
Respond to the topics listed below while keeping the requirements in mind.
- See Assignments and Grading for general discussion requirements.
- First post due 11:59 p.m., Sunday, CT.
- Respond to two or more classmates by 11:59p.m., Wednesday, CT.
Discussion topics for the week:
Part 1: Select a blog topic from the list provided below. Consider your own knowledge and interest in the topic. Consider your ability to craft a worthwhile blog post using the three-step process for successful blogging outlined in Chapter 8.
- Review a current business book
- Compare two TED Talks on the topic of business
- Provide editorial commentary on a current, debatable business issue
- Provide biographical information on an influential business leader
- Reflect on a previous business course
- Explain a business process
- Recount an engaging team building activity
- Describe a workplace conflict that ended with a positive outcome
Part 2: Develop a three-to-five-paragraph blog post based on the blog topic that you selected. Review the Writing Strategies for Social Media (seven key points) outlined in Chapter 8 to analyze your blog post. The email should adhere to the following criteria:
- Include a compelling headline.
- Provide original and well-developed content. Do not copy another authors blog post.
- Give credit to the original source when providing supporting information.
- Demonstrate an understanding of content curation by effectively sharing one useful link to an article or video.
- Provide insight into your character and associations.
- Make the purpose of your post clear to the reader.
- Proofread for grammar, spelling, punctuation and content errors.
Evaluate your blog post for the use of authentic voice, correct grammar, correct spelling, complete paragraphs, a compelling headline, an introduction that catches the readerâ€™s attention and proper word usage.
Note: You are not publishing the blog post. You are creating a blog post and posting it in the discussion forum to share with the group. The blog post should be written in a Word document. Students can copy and paste the blog post into the discussion forum.