marcus garvey the basics
Marcus Garvey: The Basics
Note: All what you have to do is to rewrite the question and put the answer blew it.
â€œUp, Up You Mighty Race and Accomplish What You Will!â€
Use your textbook and notes to define and answer the following:
Key Terms: UNIA, The Negro World, self-determination, League of Nations, Universal African Legion, Universal Black Cross Nurses, Black Steamship Line,
- Briefly explain Marcus Garvey and the UNIA?
- When and where was the UNIA founded and where was its headquarters?
- Why did Garvey found the UNIA? Also where was Garvey from originally?
- What was Garveyâ€™s occupation before founding the UNIA and what did he discover when he traveled around the world?
- What book did Garvey read that inspired him to create the UNIA?
- What was The Negro World and what was its purpose?
- Briefly explain:
- Explain Garveyâ€™s concept of the Green, Black and Red flag.
- How large was the UNIA in terms of chapters and membership? (Also, how much money did Garvey raise? What was the purpose of the fundraiser?
- What did the federal government do to Garvey? Why (your opinion)
- Are there any aspects of Marcus Garveyâ€™s philosophy that are relevant to todayâ€™s world for African Americans?
- Black Nationalism (also give three examples)