making sense of strategy 1
Determinants of national competitive advantage create the national environment in which companies are born and learn how to compete.
Your business tour around industrial city in your country 🙁 Bahrain, Lebanon, Oman, Jordan, Kuwait, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and Sudan) revealed the following:
Many shops, show rooms, restaurants and hotels among other business and industrial premises bear the following sign boards:
- â€˜SHOP CLOSEDâ€™
- â€˜SHOP ON SALEâ€™
- â€˜FACTORY CLOSEDâ€™
- â€˜CLEARANCE SALEâ€™… etc.
- Factories closed and put on receivership…etc.
- Many companies closed and relocated to other countries… etc.
1. As a strategy and policy expert, you are required to apply Porterâ€™s model of â€˜the diamond of national advantageâ€™ using the four determinants to critically analyze the impact of above scenario on the competitive advantage in Sultanate of Oman. (1000 words)
2. Suggest and critically discuss 4 main strategies together with policies that the government can adopt to enable firms/ business organizations survive in the above environment. (500 words)
*** Words Count = 1500 Words.
*** In-Text Citations and References using Harvard style.
*** MUST include E-library and course materials.
*** Iâ€™ve uploaded attachments related to this assignment.