make as many helpful comments and suggestions on it as you can you can use the insert comment function on word or you can simply write your comments in red
make as many helpful comments and suggestions on it as you can. You can use the insert comment function on word, or you can simply write your comments in red.
Step 4: Once you are done commenting, go onto the next page (add a new page to the writer’s essay) and answer the following questions:
1. Does the writer have a paragraph to introduce the essay? Does he or she have an argument (thesis/claim) that states his/her position on the topic of social media activism (not just social media in general)? How can the writer improve this paragraph?
2. Does the writer have PIEIE body paragraphs that each contain: A clear reason (P) (sub-claims/topic sentences) connected to the thesis? At least two pieces of information (two examples) and an explanation after each example? If the examples are quotes from the articles, are they introduced properly, according to
3. Does the wrtier provide specific evidence to illustrate his/her claim in each paragraph? (Remember that evidence can be in the form of cited material, personal experience, or anecdote) Did he/she pick the best evidence to support the subclaims? Is there anything confusing or unexplained about the evidence or how it is introduced? (I)
4. Does the writer analyze his/her evidence closely and discuss details from the quote? Does the analysis address how the evidence connects to the subclaim? What can he/she do to improve the analysis?
5. Does the writer have a conclusion that restates the main points of the essay? Does he/she address the larger significance of the topic, or, in other words, why a reader should care?
6. What is this paperâ€™s greatest strength? What still needs work, and how would you suggest the writer revise to correct that problem?
Step 5: By Sunday, at 11:59pm, hit “Reply” to your partner’s original post. Attach the draft with comments and the questions answered so that your partner can review them and make changes to his or her essay before the due date (Tuesday 9/18).
Note: If you submit a rough draft, but fail to respond to your partner, you will only receive half