locating supporting materials
Instructions: Go to the American Rhetoric website (americanrhetoric.com) and choose a speech from the Speech Bank. After checking out the speech, answer the following questions.
- What speech did you choose? List the speaker, title, location, and date of the speech.
- List each type of supporting materialâ€”narratives, examples, definitions, testimony, facts and statisticsâ€”and indicate whether or not the speaker used that time. Give an example of each type of supporting material the speaker used.
- How effective were the supporting materials the speaker uses? Explain your answer.
- How did the supporting materials help the speaker achieve her or his specific purpose?
- What have you learned about supporting materials that youâ€™ll apply to your speeches in the future?