literature review 301
You will write a short paper (3-5 pages) applying skills learned from Modules 1-4 in order to identify and describe the past literature conducted on your chosen research topic that you will need to complete your final research proposal.
In this paper, you should provide some empirical justification for why your topic is important to study and identify and review the major studies previously conducted to examine the topic in the past. When writing the literature review, keep in mind that you do not want to summarize each study, but integrate the common ideas, topics, and results.
Your Literature Review Paper should be 3-5 pages long, and it should include all of the following topics:
- Justification for why your topic is important to study.
- Identify and review the past major studies previously conducted on your chosen topic.
- Identify the methodological strengths and weaknesses of these studies.
- A minimum of 6 references that come exclusively from peer-reviewed journals, scholarly books, and governmental records or reports.
- Anything else that you feel is appropriate to defending your position.