Option #2: Supporting Others in Creating a Career Plan
Need this assignment by 12/30/14. No plagirism. No work cited by wikipedia.
You should have reviewed the resources at the Career Center in Module 3. If you decided that youâ€™re happy with where you are in your career after reviewing these resources, you can choose to complete a Portfolio Project in which you offer guidance to a colleague/family member for creating his or her own career plan.
For this option, you will write an 8-10 page paper. In this paper you will:
- Describe the resources available in the Career Center.
- Identify the person who you are supporting as he/she creates a career plan.
- Have the person complete at least two of the resources on the Career Center > Finding a Job section of the Student Portal.
- Next, have the person complete two more of the tools in the Finding a job > Personal Career Evaluation section of the Student Portal. There are numerous external websites that you will be able to use.
- Include the results of these tools in the appendix of your paper.
- Have the person reflect on his/her professional career assessing where he/she is and where he/she would like to be. You may have the person complete some of the assessments you completed throughout the course to assist in this exercise.
- Using this reflection, have him/her identify three strengths that he/she brings to an organization as a leader.
- Align his/her strengths with two of the following areas:
- Communication skills
- Effective management
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Describe his/her projected career path.
- Develop a plan for a leadership approach you believe will help the person achieve his/her career goals.
You must support your work with a minimum of five academic sources.
You may use first-person referencing, where appropriate. Follow APA format, according to CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements. Include a title page and reference page. Use outside academic sources other than the textbook, course materials, or other information provided as part of the course materials.