Each Journal must be at least 3 paragraphs long, but you are permitted to write as much as you would like. These entries are meant to be free writing, but you should revise before submitting, being sure to use proper sentence and paragraph structure.
To prepare for the Journal Activity Assignment:
- Consider what you have learned so far in this course, the Learning Resources you have reviewed, and the activities you have completed this week regarding personal leadership within teams and the role of social and emotional intelligence in personal leadershipâ€”specifically related to how you will conduct yourself as a Walden student.
- Review the questions that follow. Then, set a timer (on the stove, on a clock, or on your phone) for 10 minutes. You should plan to spend that 10 minutes just writing without stopping. Once you have finished your timed writing activity, you may continue writing to finish your thoughts. Also, be sure to revise your final entry before submitting to ensure you are satisfied with it.
- Review the Academic Writing Expectations Checklist to guide your writing and revising.
Complete your Journal entry by answering the following questions in a 10-minute timed writing exercise:
- As a member of the Walden community, how can you use what youâ€™ve learned about emotional and social intelligence and team building to communicate successfully with your colleagues, your Instructor, and other Walden faculty and staff?
- What have you learned that will change how you interact with others in your personal and professional life?