Assignment 2: Journaling Exercise
This assignment prepares you for the final Microsoft PowerPoint assignment in M5: Assignment 1. Throughout this course, you have learned to apply a variety of critical thinking techniques to explore and assess contemporary issues.
Often, you may get the best results using a multistep process that provides adequate time to think, write, research, and rewrite. For this assignment, you will review the article by Peter Singer titled “America’s Shame,” which you will also use in M5: Assignment 1.
Using the Argosy University online library resources, review the article by Peter Singer.
- Singer, P. (2009). America’s shame. The Chronicle of Higher Education, 55(27). B6–B10. (EBSCO AN 37137370)
Complete the following:
- Record and describe six of your initial impressions of the article in a journal format.
- Critically analyze each of these impressions and determine if they are value based, or fact based. Record these as part of your journal notes. Do note you will use these points for M5: Assignment 1.
- Support your statements with examples and appropriate scholarly references.
You can use the Cornell Note-taking tools to complete this assignment. This tool has been widely used to systematically format and organize notes. Review the link below to see how it works.
- Burke, J. (n.d.). Cornell notes. English Companion. Retrieved from:
Download and review the blank Cornell Notes Template.
Write a 2–3-page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M4_A2.doc.
By Wednesday, March 5, 2014, deliver your assignment to the M4: Assignment 2 Dropbox.
|Assignment 2 Grading|