issc 363 assignment 1 security assessment
The key to this assignment is to demonstrate your understanding of the topics, not to re-word the text or reference material. Please see Appendix A for the grading rubric on all written assignments.
Please complete the scenario below following these guidelines for your deliverable.
- Your assignment must be a minimum of 2 pages double spaced, plus a title page and a reference page for a total of 4 pages.
- Make sure you are using at least two (2) academic references.
You have been hired as a consultant to perform a network security assessment for a large firm – you will be focusing on Footprinting and Scanning the organization.
1. Describe the methodology and tools you would use to conduct your assessment.
2. Give a rationale for each step in your methodology.
******(Note: You are not limited to following the methodology/tools described in your textbook. If there are additional steps you would take in conducting your assessment, please list them and explain why you are taking them.)
- This submission should be created following APA 6th edition guidelines.
- The paper is to follow the APA style guide, Sixth Edition (available via bookstores).
- Also refer to APAâ€™s online resources: http://apastyle.apa.org/learn/tutorials/basics-tutorial.aspx
- and the APUS web site: http://www.apus.edu/Online-Library/tutorials/apa.htm
- Submit your assignment as a MSWord attachment.
- You will be required to run your paper through Turnitin.com, ensure that your similarity index is sufficiently low, and submit an originality report with your paper.
Rubric for grading:
Methodology and Tools 50%
Rationale for Each Step 30%
Writing Conventions (Grammar and Mechanics)10%