Read the Starbucks’ case study. This case study uses Porter’s Value Chain and Five Forces models and a SWOT (strengths-weaknesses-opportunities) analysis to develop strategic recommendations. On page 7 of the Starbuck’s case study there are 10 recommendations. Choose 3 of the recommendations and identify how IT could be used as part of the implementation of that recommendation. Research in the library how other companies have done something similar for each of your 3 recommendations. Your paper should be at least 3 pages, not counting the title and reference pages. The paper must include at least 3 references from peer-reviewed articles in academic journals. Make sure you have in-text citations and a reference page. You can include additional references from websites and books. The rubric for this assignment can be viewed when clicking on the assignment link.
Use the resources below to help you with this week’s assignment.
Read the following chapters in the textbook:
- Chapter 6 – “Attracting Buyers with Search, Semantic, and Recommendation Technology” Chapter 6 – Attracting Buyers with Search, Semantic, and Recommendation Technology.pptx– This chapter discusses technology to make buying recommendations to customers. This technology may be applicable to the Starbucks’ case and will be referenced again on the week five discussion board.
- Chapter 7 – “Social Networking, Engagement, and Social Metrics” Chapter 7 – Social Networking, Engagement, and Social Metrics.pptx– This chapter discusses social networking technologies used by companies like Starbucks.
- Chapter 8 – “Retail, E-commerce, and Mobile Commerce Technology” Chapter 8 – Retail, E-commerce, and Mobile Commerce Technology.pptx– This chapter discusses e-commerce and mobile technologies that enable companies like Starbucks to expand their reach in the marketplace.
- Creating Conversations in the Cloud discusses cloud computing and its use in marketing.
- IT Business Value Video – This video discusses some strategic models that can be used to help identify how IT adds business value.
- Watch VideoHow Smart, Connected Products are Transforming Competition – Harvard Business ReviewDuration: (4:32)
User: n/a – Added: 11/3/1
REFERENCES FOR PAPER
This is the link to add the scanned or pdf versions of the material that you used from non-verifiable references, which may be of the following types:
- text in hardcopy form;
- access requires an online account, subscription, or registration for access;
- text contains incomplete information or is not peer-reviewed (e.g., Google Books, Wikipedia);
- text is written in a language other than English; or
- text is otherwise not verifiable, inaccessible, or undecipherable by the instructor.
You only need to submit the page or pages containing the quoted or paraphrasedinformation.
Needs help with similar assignment?
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paperGet Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now