history homework 50
Directions: Complete the reading listed below. Then type out your answers to the questions. You should submit your answers to Canvass and be prepared to discuss your answers to these questions in class on the day they are due.
1) Wheeler and Becker, Chapter 4, â€œJustifying American Imperialism: The Louisiana Purchase Exposition, 1904â€
2) Documents (you could also look up these acts-laws on the internet)
A) Chinese Exclusion Act
B) Dawes Severalty Act
C) Jim Crow Laws
D) Platt Amendment
- What were the reasons for U.S. expansion in late 19th and early 20th century? Draw up a list
- Why did American get involved with a war for Cuban independence and how did the United States acquire the Philippines in that war?
- What happened in the Philippines after the war was over between the U.S. and Spain? Who was Emilio Aguinaldo?
- How do the documents you read for today (Chinese Exclusion Act, Dawes Severalty Act, Jim Crow Law, Platt Amendment) fit into the story of American imperialism in the late 19th and early 20th century?
~ Which documents are most like one another and which are most different from one another and why?