hist 1111 unit 9 essay central asia western europe and byzantium
Unit 9 Essay
Choose one of the following topics. As usual, remember to cite your sources! Refer to the Guidelines for Writing Essays found in your course syllabus.
- In this unit, weâ€™ve encountered both the Mongol Conquests and also the Crusades. In an essay of 800 to 900 words, explain briefly which of the two had the greater long-term impact on Europe and its relations with the outside world.
- Find at least three book reviews of Stuart J. Borschâ€™s The Black Death in Egypt and England: A Comparative Study. In an essay of 800 to 900 words, answer the following questions:
- What is Borschâ€™s main argument?
- What is Borschâ€™s evidence?
- What are some aspects Borschâ€™s book that reviewers have praised?
- What are some aspects of Borschâ€™s book that reviewers have criticized?
- Do you think that Borschâ€™s argument is a good one?