To evaluate an issue or policy, you must understand financing requirements and reimbursement mechanisms. This Assignment creates the opportunity for you to examine and articulate specifically how health care financing directly impacts the health care policy you have chosen to address in your Position Paper.
Note: This is the same policy that was selected in your Week 1 Discussion.
For this Assignment, review the following:
- AWE Checklist (Level 4000)
- Walden paper template (no abstract required for AWE 4000)
- Resources on health care delivery and financing
- Resources on health care outcomes
- Your selected policy from the Week 1 Discussion
- The Week 2 Assignment rubric
By Day 7 of Week 2
Submit a 2- to 4-page paper utilizing the selected policy from Week 1, analyzing the impact of financing and budgetary issues.
In addition to this weekâ€™s Resources, perform an informal literature search on the funding of your policy. Include at least two articles that discuss cost-effectiveness and cost controls pertaining to either your policy or nursing practices in general. Use these resources to respond to the following prompts:
- Describe how the policy is funded and annual costs of continuing the policy for the last year.
- Analyze any financial and budgetary efforts developed or being proposed to contain costs.
- Relate current cost-containment strategies, including regulations, managed care efforts, or other financial and budgetary initiatives.
- Describe how the financing of your policy impacts health outcomes and the role of the nurse in the workplace.
- Support your responses with evidence.
- In addition to the course resources, you must use at least two articles that discuss cost effectiveness and cost conrols.
Support your ideas or those of others with references from the professional nursing literature. Refer to the Week 2 Assignment Rubric prior to submission.
This Application Assignment is due by Day 7 of this week.