Health Care Provider and Faith Diversity
An abstract is required. This will be written in APA format.
A template will be provided. This MUST be followed.
There will be a 4-8 sentence introduction.
Then, you will summarize the research and provide a comparative analysis of Christianity and Buddhism.
You will answer the following questions regarding both faiths:
1. What is prime reality? Research with scripture or outside sources to answer whether or not the reality for this faith is a high power, the universe, many gods, or no supernatural and everything is just matter.
2. What is the nature of the world around us? Research with scripture or outside sources to answer if the world is created or evolved? Is the universe chaotic or orderly? Are we matter only, or is there spirit?
3. What is a human being? Research with scripture or outside sources to answer whether a human being is complex machine or evolved ape or created being? Do humans have value or just here for gene survival?
4. What happens to a person at death? Research with scripture or outside sources to answer whether or not there is an afterlife, reincarnation or extinction after death.
5. Why is it possible to know anything at all? Research with scripture or outside sources to answer how a human knows anything at all based on this faith.
6. How do we know what is right or wrong? Research with scripture or outside sources to answer what is right and wrong according to this faith.
7. What is the meaning of human history? Research with scripture or outside sources to discuss how this faith views history and its meaning.
Next, write about the Spiritual perspective on Healing:
Research the spiritual perspective on healing of these two faiths. Share how a person finds healing according to the beliefs of this faith. Then, you can state what you believe. I believe a person is healed through _____? ( this is the only place in the paper where your personal opinion comes in, you can use first person and give one or two sentences how you believe a person is healed)
Then, write about what is Important to these believers when cared for by Health care providers. This is where you might mention time to meditate, pray, worship, any ritual practices, dietary concerns, modesty concerns or preferences in terms of being visited by a pastor etc.
Finally a conclusion: A conclusion should do 2 things: wrap up your paper with some creative sentences of summary. Restate your thesis in different words from the introductory paragraph. In your conclusion, describe what you have learned from the research and how this learning can be applied to a health care provider.
There must be AT LEAST seven references. THREE must be ACADEMIC JOURNALS, you must cite the Bible, and 2 Buddhist sacred text(s) including The Sutras, The Tripitaka (Pali Canon), Mahayana Sutras and the Tibetan Book of the Dead.
Each source on the reference page should be seen throughout the paper in the form of in text citations to show where in the paper you used this source. It should not be on the reference page if there is no coordinating in text citations.