genetic family history assessment 2
This assessment requires you to complete a Genetic/Genomic Nursing Assessment using the information found in your text on page 224, Box 8-7. You DO NOT need to create a family tree. Rather, write out your assignment in APA format and address the items from the Nursing Assessment box 8-7.
Your paper should include the following information:
- Identify three generations of one family (male/female, age, role in the family such as son/daughter, father, mother, grandmother, grandfather). You may use grandparents, parents, and children. Be sure to find a family with children.
- Brief health history of each family member (for example what health problems has each member encountered in his/her lifetime). Focus on any/all genetic diseases that may be present or those for which family members may be at risk.
- Complete a reproduction history for relevant above identified family members
- Describe the ethnic backgrounds of family member
- Identify any growth and development variations of each member
- State to what extent each family member understands the causes of their health problems
- Relate what questions family members may have about potential genetic risks
- Describe what nursing intervention strategies the family health nurse should relate to your selected family based on the obtained assessment.
ReferencesMinimum of four (4) total references: two (2) references from required course materials and two (2) peer-reviewed references. All references must be no older than five years (unless making a specific point using a seminal piece of information)Peer-reviewed references include references from professional data bases such as PubMed or CINHAL applicable to population and practice area, along with evidence based clinical practice guidelines. Examples of unacceptable references are Wikipedia, UpToDate, Epocrates, Medscape, WebMD, hospital organizations, insurance recommendations, & secondary clinical databases.
Number of Pages/Words
Unless otherwise specified all papers should have a minimum of 600 words (approximately 2.5 pages) excluding the title and reference pages.
Chapter 8 of book – Genomics and Family Nursing Across the Life Span