evaluating internal employees
All work must be in APA format. Please answer all questions, I have included some resources for your reference. I have included the course text for your reference.
How might your performance evaluation differ if it were conducted by a friend, a colleague, a competitor, or a supervisor? The evaluation procedures used by organizations can be very subjective. To help prevent individual biases from determining the fate of employees, many organizations have initiated multirater instruments such as 360-degree assessments and the 9-box grid.
To understand how multirater systems are carried out, consider the proceedings of a courtroom. Rather than a judge singlehandedly deciding your fate, you have a jury composed of various supervisors, executives, colleagues, and sometimes even customers. The information from this â€œjuryâ€ is then assimilated into an employeeâ€™s internal management profile. This allows the organizationâ€™s succession planning team to then carefully review these profiles to identify, groom, and track the progress of high-potential employees.
For this weekâ€™s Discussion, evaluate the use of employee profiles. In addition, consider how multirater instruments such as 360-degree assessments and 9-box grids contribute to management profiles and internal grooming options. To begin this Discussion, review the article titled â€œEmployee Feedback Technologies in the Human Performance System,â€ located in this weekâ€™s Learning Resources.
Write a cohesive and scholarly response based on your readings and research this week that addresses the following:
- Evaluate the use of employee profiles.
- How can employee profiles be used to determine succession candidates?
- In what other ways can such information be used to increase an organizationâ€™s sustainable competitive advantage?
- Explain how 360-degree assessments, 9-box grids, and similar performance reviews are used in profiling employees.
- Which method might be more applicable in todayâ€™s fast-paced business environment?
- Which industries and job functions would be more suited for these types of assessments? Why or why not?
- Are there any circumstances where assessment techniques are not necessary or are even possibly detrimental?
- Assess internal grooming options used in succession planning.
- How would you use the information gained from evaluation instruments and employee profiles to match potential successors with effective grooming options?