english essay 4 5 pages pick 2 5 the texts provided and formulate an compare and contrast using ethos pathos logos etc etc
My professor is very picky. He likes the essays to flow smoothly with ideas, Indents on each paragraph ( I HAVE A EXAMPLE OF A ESSAY HE GRADED FOR ME) check it out and see his stupid comments.
Instructions are LINKED BELOW in a PDF File
1) 4-5 pages
2) MLA FORMAT
3) choose two texts and analyze how they appeal to ethos, pathos, logos, and/or kairos to advance their arguments. You can think of this essay as a compare/contrast.
4) 5 READINGS are : â€œDear Class of 2020,â€ â€œDonâ€™t Blame Students for Being Hypersensitive,â€ â€œStudents Deserve Safe Spaces,â€ â€œIâ€™m Northwesternâ€™s President,â€ and â€œCollege Campuses Should Not Be Safe Spaces,â€ PICK 2 OF THEM
THE FIFTH POINT IS IMP …..
5) You will need to account for the following elements (though they do not need to be approached in this particular order. Additionally, your essay should not read as though you are simply answering these questions. Your essay should not read as though you are simply answering these questions. ( make sure all ideas flow smoothly ) its not a Q n A
ï‚ Identify both authors & their texts o Who are they? What is their credibility? â–ª What do we know about their texts?
ï‚ Identify both authorsâ€™ overall argument o What is the argument? â–ª How do you know? Is it stated directly? Implicitly? ï‚ Identify the audience for each text o How do you know? â–ª What details from the text point to the type of audience the author has in mind? o How does the audience influence how the text is written and perceived?
ï‚ Analyze & Evaluate the rhetorical strategies each author uses to advance their claims & overall argument o What types of evidence does each author use? Logic, emotional, credible, timely? â–ª Why does the rhetorical strategy advance/hinder their overall argument? â€¢ How?
MAKE SURE THAT YOU : Effectively addresses all aspects of the prompt o Fully grasps both articles and showcases knowledge cogently
– Writer thoroughly address elements of the argument, including author, context, audience, purpose, claims, and evidence. o Analysis of rhetorical strategies is thorough
– Essay flows logically from introduction â†’ body â†’ conclusion o Sentence level organization is strong
– Writer uses appropriate syntax, grammar, punctuation
if you cant do any of these then you cant help me.. This is a very hard professor. if your up for the task then no worries. otherwise ill refund if i get a C grade.