english assignment 77
Convince your classmates that they should read a particular book about the 80s. Remember, you are not just saying a book is your favorite or that it’s a great read. You must argue how the book is a good supplement to the National Geographic programs.
- Choose a book from those posted in Course Documents.
- Prepare a visual (PowerPoint) presentation.
- No more than 8 slides:
- Title slide with title of book and your name
- 2 specific examples from the book to support your claim â€” if you quote, you will need to provide a works cited slide
- Conclusion to support claim
- Be sure that you consider the objectives of the course and your classmates as the intended audience. Then your argument should show how your recommended book is a good or poor supplement.
- Respond to two other students’ recommendations by addressing the following questions:
1. What does the claim say the presentation will try to prove about the topic?
2. In what ways was the presentation successful in proving claim? Discuss at least one example.
3. What part(s)of the presentation were weakest and why?
4. What did you learn about the book that you hadn’t thought about before from the presentation?
5. Please make any general comments about the presentation.