edu 620 wk5 assignment
Universal Design for Learning Lesson Plan (2)
Imagine that you taught your class the lesson plan you wrote, during Week Two, on a Monday. You will now write the ‘day two’ (continuation) lesson using the same concept and CCSS that you would teach the next day, on a Tuesday. Additionally, this week’s lesson plan must include at least TWO assistive technology devices that are geared towards two separate sensory impairments.
- Monday’s lesson plan (Week 2): Addressed teaching addition and subtraction.
- Tuesday’s lesson plan (this week’s assignment): This lesson plan will have students practice what they’ve learned or build on the concept with “subtraction with borrowing” or “multiplication”.
- Assistive Technology Devices to consider: pencil grips, manipulatives, ELMO, SMARTboard, high-contrast colors, etc.
- Monday’s lesson (Week 2): Addressed the use of figurative language in fiction.
- Tuesday’s lesson plan (this week’s assignment): This lesson plan will have students practicing writing figurative language, analyzing it, or building on it with other rhetorical devices.
- Assistive Technology Devices to consider: computer programs, ebooks, iPads, white boards, etc.
Your lesson plan must include the following components:
- Common Core State Standard (C.C.S.S.) that relates to the content area (English or Math) chosen for Week Two.
- Objectives that are aligned with the C.C.S.S.:
- What is to be taught.
- Where and when it is to be taught.
- Standard of success for the individual lesson (must be measurable).
- One UDL component (multiple means of representation, engagement, or expression) embedded in each lesson.
- At least two assistive technology devices that are geared towards two separate sensory impairments.
- At least one assistive technology device that can be incorporated class- wide.
- A formative assessment at the conclusion of each lesson to measure students’ mastered the daily objective.
- Teacher self-assessment
- Even lessons that fail to produce the intended results are an excellent opportunity for reflection, adjustment, and growth.
- What problems do you anticipate with the lesson?
- What did you learn about AT and UDL from creating this unit?
Your lesson plan should be one to two pages in length