DUE in 7 hours – Compute Sensitivity, Specific, Positive Predictive Value, and Negative Predictive Value of a Disease
DUE in 7 hours
A screening program uses a home testing urine kit to detect disease X. You decide to test the kit in your community of 1,000 adults. You know that the prevalence of disease X in your community is 20% meaning that 200 have the disease at any given point in time. The test correctly identified 150 individuals with the disease while it was able to correctly identify 700 individuals without the disease.
- Draw a 2×2 table.
- Calculate the sensitivity, specificity, PPV, and NPV of the screening test.
- In 1 or 2 paragraphs, provide an interpretation of your results.
Your paper should:
- be 1-2 pages in length.
- properly cite research sources.
- show how you calculated your answers.
- be free of spelling and grammar errors.
- APA format