discussion question 1359
Hey there my professor have us write a discussion forum and the requirements are
- Compose a thoughtful answer to one of the questions.
- Begin with a clear thesis statement (argument) that directly answers the question.
- Next, develop TWO concrete examples drawn from TWO different assigned course materials.
- Answers must be at least 200 words in length. Please use full sentences.
- Please cite each of your sources using a simple parenthetical citation form, including author’s last name, abbreviated title, and page. E.g.: (Foner, GML, 486).
The question of the discussion forums is
1. According to historian, Stephen Ambrose, “the U.S. fought in Vietnam as a direct result of a world view from which no one in power dissented and as a logical culmination of the policy of containment…” Given this interpretation and the evidence available to you, could U.S. policy makers realistically have made a different decision about Vietnam in 1965? Should they have? Explain.