Read the link on Literary Terms (Links to an external site.) , and ALL the poems and use the questions from the included handout to analyze them closely. Then post in this discussion. You will only be able to see others’ posts after you post.
- Choose 1 poem out of the 5 and answer any 3 “close analysis questions” about that poem.
- Choose a different poem and answer 3 close analysis questions about that poem (vary at least some of the questions you use).
- Investigate the background of one of these authors, and share what you learned. Comment on how that knowledge affects your understanding of his/her poem(s). This should be a different author than you have previously discussed.
1. Close analysis of “Theme for English B” using questions 1, 2, and 8
2. Close analysis of “Alphabet: using questions 2, 4, 6
3. Research more about Pat Parker and comment on how that impacts my reading of the poem.
Reply to the person who posted right before you (or someone who does not yet have a reply) and offer your comments and reactions to their analysis of the poems. (If you are the first to post, you are excused from replying). To what extent did you read the poem in a similar or different way? Explain. What comments or questions do you have about what they wrote? (at least 100 words).