digital slide presentation roles and issues for corrections officers
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, please complete the assigned readings in your textbook and read the article Prison Higher Education and Social Transformation. You may also wish to consider some of the recommended resources for this week.
For this assignment, you will prepare a digital presentation (PowerPoint or equivalent) detailing roles and issues for corrections officials in public and private institutions. One of the goals for this assignment is to provide an opportunity for you to organize and summarize elements connected with functions and issues in corrections. Effectively summarizing and presenting information in a digital format can apply to many contexts. Your slides will consider issues for correctional officers in social justice and criminal justice contexts. Please address each of the following:
- Explain the corrections officerâ€™s place within the social roles of incarcerated persons.
- For this part, you may wish to consider assigned material in your textbook.
- Examine the role of corrections officers within jails and prison administrations for public institutions.
- Be sure to address roles in both jail and prison contexts.
- Compare and contrast issues for correctional officers in public institutions and private institutions.
- For this part, you may wish to consider content in Chapter 10 of your textbook. You may also wish to review some of the recommended resources for this week that address privatizing corrections.
*Note: You are encouraged to integrate any feedback from your instructor and upload the assignment to your ePortfolio.
The Digital Slide Presentation: Roles and Issues for Corrections Officers presentation
- Must be five to seven slides in length (not including title and references slides) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Centerâ€™s How to Make a PowerPoint Presentation (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title slide with the following:
- Title of presentation
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must use at least one scholarly source and at least one credible source in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Centerâ€™s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate reference slide that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.