describe and explain the difference between familial and political power in locke s second treatise
PLS 372 â€“Modern Political Philosophy Essay Assignment
*** This professor is an incredibly tough grader, please do not respond if you do not excel in writing!
- In 4-5 pages, answer the following prompt. However, work your answer into a single coherent paper. In other words, I expect an introductory paragraph with a thesis statement, several body paragraphs, and a conclusion.Be sure to answer each of the questions completely.
- Prompt. Describe and explain the difference between familial and political power in Lockeâ€™s Second Treatise. (link provided below) A thorough explanation should answer the following questions: What is the purpose of both? How is one form of power natural and the other not? What is the limit of both forms of power (in other words, what is a father allowed to do that the government is not, and vice versa
- Formatting. Your essay should be written in Times New Roman and be in 12-point font. It should have 1-inch margins on each side and be double-spaced. In the top left corner of the first page only, write your name and nothing else (no need to include date, semester, etc.).
- Citations. You are required to cite the sources and be consistent in your style of citation. There is no strict rule as to number of citations, but a good rule of thumb is that you should average three citations per page. Avoid excessive quoting of the text, but do recognize that a citation may be needed even if you are not directly quoting. Avoid secondary materials. Secondary materials vary in quality, will likely only confuse you further, and generally will not help you write a better paper. Stick with the primary sources.
- General tip. Instead of looking at outside sources, work closely with the primary texts. The best papers will present the arguments in their own terms and provide original examples to explain the material.The best papers will also explain how each of the ideas are related and connected to one another. Thinking through the primary texts on your own, and in your own words, will be rewarded. Relying upon the language of others is obvious, lazy, shows less understanding, and may also be guilty of plagiarism. A paper that is written in your own words, and displays a personal and close interaction with the primary text, even if it makes minor slip-ups, will earn a higher grade than a paper that uses meaningless academic jargon that you do not understand, but is more â€œaccurate.
The following text is required.
Two Treatises of Government. Cambridge University Press; 3rd edition. You may ONLY use the following chapters: 14-19
Professor is an incredibly hard grader. Please explain answer as thoroughly as possible while being grammatically correct