culture of compliance and responsibility
Discuss with your colleagues how a health care organizations can promote a culture of compliance and responsibility? Through your research, identify a specific organizational structure or program that could serve as a â€œbest practiceâ€ for other health organizations. What specific health care organization currently uses the program or structure you picked? Describe the program in a paragraph. Is it a training program? A handbook? An immunization program? A patient care involvement program? A financial management practice? Penalties for fraud detection and reporting in the organization? Policy development? Procedure (SOP) creation? Benchmarks? External QA/QC consultants? Is this â€œbest practiceâ€ specific to just this setting? Peer comments should compare and contrast their findings with others presented. See Discussion Expectations and Grading for rules on discussions.
Assigned reading materials:
- It is important that managers understand the responsibilities of operating within the tax-exempt structure-http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-tege/eotopice00.pdf
- Corporate Responsibility and Corporate Compliance: A Resource for Health Care Boards of Directors (n.d)]-http://oig.hhs.gov/fraud/docs/complianceguidance/040203CorpRespRsceGuide.pdf
- Facts about The Joint Commissionâ€™s Hospital Accreditation – https://www.jointcommission.org/accreditation/accreditation_main.aspx
- Benefits of The Joint Commission Accreditations – https://www.jointcommission.org/benefits_of_joint_commission_accreditation/
- Joint Commission: Conflict of Interest – https://www.jointcommission.org/conflict_of_interest_policy/