I. VIEWING OPTION 1: If you have access to the two items below, for one activity you can watch the following and answer the questions below as thoroughly and with as much supporting explanation as possible. Be sure to answer the REQUIRED questions after watching both.
· Accessible on Netflix: Made in Mexico: Episode 3
1. What surprised you about the characters in Made in Mexico?
2. If you watch reality shows in the U.S., what is unique/different to you about this reality show?
3. How do the characters approach the Day of the Dead? When they talk about the altars, who would you make an altar for and what significance would that have for you?
4. How do the characters behave or think that compares or contrasts to that of the culture you identify with?
5. What is unique/different to you about how the characters live, get around, mourn, interact, work, play, dress?
6. Was anything said or done that you would not typically do or see in your culture?
7. See Mexico’s reaction to this show: https://remezcla.com/lists/film/made-in-mexico-reactions/ What stood out to you and why?
· Accessible on Amazon Prime: Living on One Dollar
· If you don’t have Prime, you can access the eight episodes on Youtube posted by Optimist: You can find it by searching Episode 1: The First Step (Living on One): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCT5HsUi7VE
Episodes 2: Water from a Pipe?
Episode 3: Hunger and Tortillas
Episode 4: Disaster Strikes
Episode 5: We Need a Job
Episode 6: Extreme Budgeting
Episode 7: (Not) Going to School
Episode 8: Back in the U.S.
8. What surprised you about the lives of the extreme poor or about Zach, Chris, Sean, and Ryan’s reception in the village?
9. What roles of adults and children are within the family? What is the expectation of each family member?
10. How do the characters behave or think that compares or contrasts to that of the culture you identify with?
11. What practices did they have (celebration, education, way of thinking, spending/saving money, etc.) that stood out to you?
12. Was anything said or done that you would not typically do or see in your culture?
13. Consider the significance/impact if you and/or those in your community applied a tradition/value/perspective/practice that you noticed in your analysis?
AFTER WATCHING BOTH: What can you say about the contrast of these two items? Did you expect one more than the other? Did it change your perspective in any way? What are your “takeaways” from watching these items? (REQUIRED questions)
Needs help with similar assignment?
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paperGet Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now