critical thinking case study part 2
Critical Thinking Case Study Part 2
Application Act Utilitarian – After reading Chapter 4 and Chapter 5 of your text (attached):
MINIMUM 350 WORDS!
- Read Case 28 – Entitled “The Box” (attached)
- Submit to the drop box in MLA format – Place your name, the professor’s name, the course name and the date in the upper left-hand corner. Include a Work Cited page, (see drop box rules).
- Paragraph 1 – Discuss Act Utilitarianism in your own words. Include a discussion of the main concepts. How does it work and how is it applied?
- Chart – Apply the steps of Act Utilitarianism to resolve the main moral issue. Use a chart as seen in chapter 5 and as seen in the sample format. Since you are using a chart there is no set word count but be detailed. You may use the chart you created in your Analysis section and add the appropriate numbers, scale, and net utility.
- Read feedback – If feedback from previous assignments informed you of errors in stating your ethical issue, listing options or stakeholders please correct those errors before completing assignment.
- Paragraph 2 – Conclusion. What is the result of the chart? How did you come to these conclusions for each stakeholder and option? And is this a good way to address the overarching moral issue?
- Be sure to review the Dropbox Grading Criteria – Applying Act Utilitarianism below.
- Do not use quotes unless specifically requested by your instructor. Use your own words.