consideration of how italian immigrants and native born americans viewed immigration restriction debates in the 1920s
You must consider how immigrant experiences of global migration and acculturation shaped their views. This paper also asks to evaluate how international events shaped the debate over immigration restriction in the 1920s.
This paper will be evaluated based on the following:
- Strong thesis that answers the question and addresses the views of both native-born Americans and immigrants.
- Paragraphs with topic sentence, evidence, conclusion.
- Paragraphs that make an argument and are analytical.
- Understanding of the historical context and particularly how international events shaped the debate over immigration restriction in the 1920s.
- Introduction and conclusion.
- At least two primary sources related to native-born perspective and two primary sources to immigrant perspective, and analysis of those sources. 4 total primary sources. Also include secondary sources.
- minimum of 2000 words
- See Rubric on thesis-driven essay in history.