complete 3 5 biblical disc
PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS ASSIGNMENT CORRELATES WITH THE ASSIGNMENT I PREVIOUSLY DID…I ATTACHED IT
Â·3.5 Dropbox â€“ Critical Analysis of â€œThe Yellow Wall-paperâ€: This is your first fully-developed literary analysis essay. Before beginning, make sure your thesis statement includes the title of the work (in quotation marks), the type of work, the authorâ€™s full name, two specific literary devices, and a universal theme. The theme cannot be limited to the characters in the story. Every part of the body of your paper should be focused on providing evidence for your thesis statement. Your claims must be plausible and supported using the text itself. Here is a template for your thesis statement: In Charlotte Perkins Gilmanâ€™s short story â€œThe Yellow Wall-paper,â€ she uses (
specific literary device #1) and (
specific literary device #2) to show that (
universal lesson, message, or theme).
The thesis statement needs to be the final sentence of your introductory paragraph. Finally, donâ€™t forget to evaluate Gilmanâ€™s message using biblical principles in your conclusion.
For this assignment, you will write a complete four-paragraph essay on Gilman’s “The Yellow Wall-paper.” This paper will build upon a revised version of the thesis you developed in the previous workshop.
Upon successful completion of this assignment you will be able to:
- Identify various literary devices (such as characterization, setting, and/or symbolism)
- Explain how literary devices are used to communicate truths about humankind (and perhaps about God) in a work of fiction.
- Construct an organized, coherent, specifically supported literary analysis.
- Analyze the message of a literary text using specific biblical principles.
- Textbook: Pearson Custom Introduction to Literature
- File: Literary Analysis Structural Outline
- File: Literary Analysis Process Guide
- Website: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/1952/1952-h/1952-h.htm
- Bible: https://www.biblegateway.com
- Content and Structure: Write a four-paragraph, two-to-three page-paper on Gilman’s “The Yellow Wallpaper” in which you use two separate literary devices to prove your thesis. One of your body paragraphs should focus on characterization of the central female character. You should focus on John (the husband) or on setting or symbolism for your second body paragraph. The conclusion of this paper also needs to evaluate all or part of Gilman’s message (as you are communicating that message in your thesis) with biblical principles. Use the Literary Analysis Structural Outline as a template for your paper. Treat the structural outline like a contract each individual piece of which you must try your best to carefully and creatively fulfill. After you have completed what you think is your final draft, compare it again to the structural outline link to make sure you have not missed anything!!!
- Process and Order: It is strongly suggested that you DRAFT the pieces of this paper in the order described in the Literary Analysis Process Guide and then arrange those pieces in the order described in the Literary Analysis Structural Outline