Week 5 Assignment: Clarifying Research
A baccalaureate nurse understands, relates, and values the fundamental elements of research, process, and designs as a foundation for an evidence-based practice (American Association of Colleges of Nurses, 2008; Quality and Safety Education for Nurses, 2018). This assignment provides a learning activity to demonstrate understanding of the significance of research, the types of research and designs, the importance of sampling, utilization, and how research contributes to a credible nursing profession.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following Course Outcomes.
Â· CO 1: Examine the sources of evidence that contribute to professional nursing practice. (PO 7)
Â· CO 2: Apply research principles to the interpretation of the content of published research studies. (PO 4 & 8)
Â· CO 5: Recognize the role of research findings in evidence-based practice. (PO 7 & 8)
Directions for Preparing the Scholarly Worksheet
1. Read each of the instructions.
2. Download and complete the required Clarifying Research Worksheet under Templates below.
3. Review the Week 5 Assignment Tutorial (Links to an external site.)(Transcript (Links to an external site.)) which reviews your Week 5 Assignment. Tutorial may look slightly different session to session. Grading criteria and rubric will be the same.
4. Two or more supporting scholarly sources are required. Textbooks are not allowed and should not be used as a scholarly source.
5. No more than two direct quotes are allowed. You should be using mostly your own words to demonstrate your understanding of the topics/criteria for this assignment. Citations and references must be included.
6. Submit the completed assignment on the Week 5: Assignment.
Scholarly Sources and Citationsâ€¯
Â· Two or more supporting scholarly sources are required.
Â· No more than two direct quotes are allowed.
Â· Use APA format in citations and references.
American Association of Colleges of Nurses (AACN). (2008). Executive summary: The essentials of baccalaureate education for professional nursing practice. http://www.aacnnursing.org/Education-Resources/AACN-Essentials
Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN). (2018). QSEN knowledge, skills, and attitude competencies. http://qsen.org/competencies/pre-licensure-ksas/