case study two worksheet
Respond to the following questions in 1,250 to 1,500 words.
- Why is this an ethical dilemma? Which APA Ethical Principles help frame the nature of the dilemma?
- How might Irinaâ€™s age and parentsâ€™ involvement in the referral affect how Dr. Matthews can resolve the dilemma? How might the state law on treatment of minors and HIPAA rule on access of guardians to a minorâ€™s health care record influence Dr. Matthewsâ€™ decision?
- How are APA Ethical Standards 2.01a b, and c; 2.04; 3.04; 3.06; 4.01; 4.02; and 10.10a relevant to this case? Which other standards might apply?
- What are Dr. Matthewsâ€™ ethical alternatives for resolving this dilemma? Which alternative best reflects the Ethics Code aspirational principle and enforceable standard, as well as legal standards and Dr. Matthewsâ€™ obligations to stakeholders?
- What steps should Dr. Matthews take to ethically implement her decision and monitor its effects?
Fisher, C. B. (2013). Decoding the ethics code: A practical guide for psychologists. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.