Case Study 2: Information Security and the National Infrastructure
Read the Infosecurity magazine article â€œUsing Information Security to Protect Critical National Infrastructure: Energy Sector is Hackersâ€™ Biggest Targetâ€, located at http://www.infosecurity-magazine.com/view/2310/using-information-security-to-protect-critical-national-infrastructure-energy-sector-is-hackers-biggest-target-/.
Write a two to four (2-4) page paper in which you:
- Explain in your own words the information security concerns that exist in protecting the United Statesâ€™ national infrastructure.
- Describe why the author of the article says that oil and gas industries are prime targets for cyber criminals more than other infrastructures and state whether or not you agree and why.
- Conclude why there is a need to regulate SCADA and industrial control systems and why there is concern that this is not being dealt with appropriately.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain the national infrastructure plan in the context of strategic targets.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in homeland security.
- Write clearly and concisely about topics related to Homeland Security Organization and Administration using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.