business principals nursing
This week you have read about several areas of financing as it relates to the health care system and some health care retail areas that may be of interests. For this assignment, put yourself in a nurse manager, director of nursing, Chief Nursing Officer (CNO), or business owner role. Discuss three or more business principles as discussed in the Greg Fisher Power Point-in the learning activities (in your own words) which are needed to maintain safe, quality, patient-centered care that is fiscally sound, provide supportive data. In your discussion consider:
- Why have you selected the business principles? (principals are: decide what you do, decide who you serve, decide what makes you different) I work in labor and delivery, so we provide quality care to women and we are different because we are one on one with our patients, we focus all of our attention on one woman and her family during her labor.
- Are the business principles used at your current facility? (please make up examples for this part)
- If you feel that they are, give supportive examples.
- If you feel they are not give examples of how they could be implemented.
- Why are those specific principles important in health care?
- Why are those specific principles important to you?
Your initial post must contain minimum of two (2) references, in addition to examples from your personal experiences to augment the topic. The goal is to make your post interesting and engaging so others will want to read/respond to it. Synthesize and summarize from your resources in order to avoid the use of direct quotes, which can often be dry and boring. No direct quotes are allowed in the discussion board posts.
300 words, APA format, 2 references no more than 5 years old.